Playing House

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Macarons!!!

Ok, I have to admit I LOVE macarons! But, by golly, they are expensive! This weekend I got the cheapest macaroon I had in a while for $1.50 at Unique LA's Local Love event, but they sometimes run up to $3. So when I saw this macarons book in the Anthropologie sale section last December I absolutely had to have it.
I had this book for a good month before I dared to try my first attempt at macaron making. On a gloomy day in January I tried my first shot at it and I SUCKED!! They never quite hardened and I still put them in the oven and they broke and just looked depressing. So I cooled off on making macarons for a while till last weekend, with Austin's help and a little more whisking of the egg whites/sugar mixture they came out pretty good. Quite a few broke or sunk in and I didn't love the buttercream recipe in the book, but they were overall pretty good. I filled these little guys with butter cream, ganache and Dulce de Leche. I will try to make these again and I'll post the tricks I learn along the way. 

Buttercream

Dulce de Leche
Ganache

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment